We’ve all been through many challenges this past year, and we certainly look forward to a return to normal habits and lifestyles in the hopefully-not-too-distant future. Our top priority, as always, is the health and safety of our clients and staff. With that in mind, we’d like to share our plan for safely reopening for in-person voice, speech, and singing sessions as a hybrid model. We ask for your patience and understanding, as we navigate the “new normal” and try to accommodate your scheduling needs.
At Professional Voice Care Center, we are following guidelines set forth by the CDC, OSHA, etc. for air circulation, air purification, and infection control. We have installed medical-grade high-efficiency particulate arrestance (HEPA) air purifiers in each office, the waiting area, and the reception office to improve the air quality for all patients and staff. We have also installed UV-C air handlers that recirculate and purify the air even further. Our treatment room and bathroom also have exhaust fans to permit more outside air exchange. There will be ample hand sanitizer in several locations, and of course, liquid soap dispensers in the bathroom. Our staff will be distanced from you whenever possible and will be wearing face masks.
We are now scheduling in-person visits, alternating with telehealth/tele-training visits, in our daily schedule, to allow ample time for air exchange and disinfection of surfaces, and to allow for more social distancing in the office.
Here are our new Covid guidelines which we require all clients to follow:
- After scheduling an appointment with us, a Covid-19 screening questionnaire will be emailed to you. You must complete and return this to us before you arrive at our office for your appointment. Our staff will determine if it’s safe for you to proceed with your in-person appointment, or if you need to switch to a safe and convenient telehealth/tele-training visit.
- If you have serious pre-existing health conditions such as diabetes, COPD, obesity, chronic kidney or liver disease, or serious heart conditions, or are immunocompromised, especially if you are over 65, we recommend that you DO NOT visit the office in-person at this time, but rather schedule a telehealth/tele-training visit, which we will always have available for all clients.
- Upon arriving at our office, text (preferred) or call us on our dedicated arrival check-in number, (516) 218-1239, to let us know you’ve arrived. We’ll give you instructions when we’re ready to have you enter the office. Note: For general questions and scheduling issues, as always, please use ONLY the regular front office number, (516) 433-1822.
- We ask that clients enter the office unaccompanied, if possible. For clients who need a helper or guardian, we ask that this be limited to one family member.
- EVERY PERSON ENTERING THE OFFICE, CLIENT OR NOT, MUST WEAR A CORRECTLY-WORN APPROPRIATE FACE COVERING (PAPER OR CLOTH MASK), REGARDLESS OF VACCINATION STATUS, as this is a healthcare office. We also request that everyone sanitize their hands immediately upon entry.
- Singers (and anyone who wants more space around their mouth while wearing a mask or doing voice therapy exercises) need to get one of the many singers’ masks that are on the market. Here are some useful links for these masks, but many more styles may be available:
- We will take your temperature using a contactless thermometer upon your arrival.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, etc., to maintain sanitary conditions.
Thank you for your cooperation in keeping everyone at Professional Voice Care Center safe and healthy. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to our office!