We’ve all been through many challenges since the pandemic began, and we certainly look forward to a return to normal habits and lifestyles in the hopefully-not-too-distant future. Our top priority, as always, is the health and safety of our clients and staff. With that in mind, we’d like to share our guidelines for in-person voice, speech, and singing sessions. We ask for your patience and understanding as we navigate the constantly-changing “new normal”.
At Professional Voice Care Center, we are following guidelines set forth by the CDC, OSHA, etc. for air circulation, air purification, and infection control. We have installed medical-grade high efficiency particulate arrestance (HEPA) air purifiers in each office, the waiting area, and the reception office to improve the air quality for all patients and staff. We have also installed UV-C air handlers that recirculate and purify the air even further. Our treatment room and bathroom also have exhaust fans to permit more outside air exchange. There is ample hand sanitizer in several locations, and of course, liquid soap dispensers in the bathroom. Our staff is distanced from you whenever possible and is masked.
Here are our new Covid guidelines which we require all clients to follow:
- After scheduling an appointment with us, a Covid-19 screening questionnaire will be emailed to you. You must complete and return this to us online BEFORE you arrive at our office for every appointment. Our staff will determine if it’s safe for you to proceed with your in-person appointment, or if you need to switch to a safe and convenient telehealth/tele-training visit.
- If you have serious pre-existing health conditions such as diabetes, COPD, obesity, chronic kidney or liver disease, or serious heart conditions, or are immunocompromised, especially if you are over 65, we recommend that you DO NOT visit the office in-person at this time, but rather schedule a telehealth/tele-training visit, which we will always have available for all clients.
- Upon arriving at our residential office, please ring the gold Ring Doorbell to the LEFT of the LEFT SIDE DOOR ENTRANCE. We will ask you to identify yourself and then the staff will admit you down into the office.
- We ask that clients enter the office unaccompanied, if possible. For clients who need a helper or guardian, we ask that this be limited to one family member.
- EVERY PERSON ENTERING THE OFFICE, CLIENT OR NOT, MUST WEAR A WELL-FITTING, CORRECTLY-WORN APPROPRIATE FACE MASK (N95, KN95, KF94, OR PROFESSIONAL SINGERS’ MASK) AT ALL TIMES, REGARDLESS OF VACCINATION STATUS, as this is a healthcare office and masks are required at all times per CDC guidelines. Also, voice therapy and singing exercises generate a tremendous amount of potentially-dangerous aerosols and particles. We also request that everyone sanitize their hands immediately upon entry. For the safety of all clients and staff, we recommend that all clients be vaccinated for Covid-19, and get their boosters as soon as they are eligible. We have many clients and staff who have underlying conditions, are immuno-compromised, or are elderly. You can help us by doing your part to keep everyone safe and healthy, and prevent the severe illness and deaths we experienced here over the last 2 years, by getting vaccinated and boosted!
- Singers (and anyone who wants more space around their mouth while wearing a mask or doing voice therapy exercises) should get one of the many singers’ masks that are on the market. Here are some useful links for these masks, but many more styles may be available: https://www.broadwayreliefproject.com/singersmask; https://www.mymusicfolders.com/product/resonance-singers-mask-with-disposable-biofilters/; https://stores.inksoft.com/tmfeventmerch/shop/home; https://www.jwpepper.com/Performance-Series-Face-Mask—Vocal/11313938.item#.YOTy_OhKg2w; https://www.jwpepper.com/Protec-Singer%27s-Mask/11341055.item#.YOTzOehKg2w
Since these are cloth masks, it is advisable to insert a PM2.5 filter insert into your singers’ mask if you have one with a pocket. Here’s a link for the filters: https://amzn.to/3tvosNu
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, etc., to maintain sanitary conditions.
Thank you for your cooperation in keeping everyone at Professional Voice Care Center safe and healthy. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you to our office!