It’s been a verrrrrrrrry long time since the initial lockdown in March of 2020. And we are proud to say, in that time, Professional Voice Care Center has elevated telehealth voice therapy to an all-new level of effectiveness, accessibility, and fun! We are able to administer evaluations, voice therapy, singing lessons, accent modification sessions, respiratory retraining, and even do tongue thrust therapy! It’s bittersweet to meet clients, treat them, and “graduate” them…all without ever meeting in person. I have to admit, teletherapy has become so effective, it’s almost as if the client is right here in our office…but not quite. ☹
So finally, on July 19, 2021, after exhaustive research into CDC and OSHA guidelines, and meticulous preparations to convert the office, Professional Voice Care Center opened for in-person service delivery again. We now welcome our fully-vaccinated clients age 12 and over, and continue to see everyone else via telehealth platforms. We wanted to take this opportunity to show you all the things we did to make sure everyone stays safe in this “new normal”.
- We installed medical-grade high-efficiency particulate arrestance (HEPA) air purifiers in each office, the client waiting area, and the reception office, to improve air quality for all clients and staff.
- We also installed UV-C air handlers that purify and exchange the air even further.
- Our treatment room/voice studio and bathroom have exhaust fans to permit more outside air exchange.
- We put in a new client chair/table set in the treatment room which creates social distance during sessions, and which is sanitized between sessions.
- We put in a hand sanitizer station when clients enter the waiting area, which also serves to keep clients and staff socially distanced.
- Clients and staff are required to wear properly fitting masks throughout our office suite.
- Our staff is fully vaccinated.
- In-person client traffic is kept to a minimum; our clients text us when they arrive before coming into our office.
- We’ve created separate telehealth and in-person office space, to keep sessions flowing and rooms airing out frequently.
You can be assured that we take every precaution to make sure that anyone who doesn’t feel well, or who may have been exposed to Covid-19, STAYS HOME! We require each client to complete an online Covid screening checklist before every visit. We still caution anyone who has serious pre-existing conditions such as diabetes, COPD, obesity, chronic kidney or liver disease, serious heart conditions, or are immunocompromised, especially if they are over 65, to schedule a telehealth session or remote singing lesson, rather than visit us in person. You can read about all of our safety protocols using the link on our www.provoicecare.net home page: https://provoicecare.net/important-message/ This page even has links for some great singers’ masks to help you sing well and stay protected at the same time!
We can’t wait to have you back at our office, and we look forward to a time when all these carefully planned protocols will no longer be needed.
Call (516) 433-1822 or click here to schedule your intake session today at Professional Voice Care Center. Together, we’ll get your voice back to speaking and singing the way it was meant to!